Vegan ice cream recipes can often be very disappointing. Dairy free ice cream recipes are a bit of an oxymoron. There are a lot of store bought choices, but often they are filled with chemicals, sugar, and even worse, soy.
It isn’t really that hard to make your own vegan ice cream at home. The challenge when you make vegan ice cream is to get some fat in there to make it creamy.
I believe this is the best vegan ice cream you can get This is a gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, mint chocolate chip ice cream that I make all the time.
- 3 cans of organic coconut milk (I use Native Forest)
- 8 organic medjool dates, remove the pits
- 1/4 teaspoon raw stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Flavorganics Organic Peppermint Extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate ( I use Guittard, 100% cacao bars, 1 bar = 2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons Lily’s Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips
- 3/4 cup of raw organic almonds ( optional, I roast mine at 350 degree F for 7 min)
You’ll also need a
- A large 9 cup or larger blender
- An Ice Cream Maker
1. Place the coconut milk and dates in the blender. Blend on high until dates are well blended.
2. Add the stevia, Himalayan salt, vanilla, and peppermint.
3. Add the almonds, and blend on high until almonds are finely chopped.
4. Add the dark chocolate bar, and the chips. Blend until just tiny specks of chocolate are visible.
5. Pour into your ice cream maker, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
If you tried this, let me know what you think in the comments below.