The Instant Pot and other top rated electric pressure cookers continue to be a popular time saving kitchen gadgets that millions of families use to create healthy home cooked meals. There are a lot of easy pressure cooker recipes available online, and more people are realizing how fast and easy the pressure cookers are to use. Disclosure: I sometimes receive compensation from the companies whose products I review. The opinions expressed here are my own.
If you don’t have one already, please do yourself a favor and buy one now.
Here is a collection of my favorite instant pot recipes, I hope you enjoy them
INSTANT POT CHICKEN RECIPES
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 6 Chicken Breasts fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt (can use 1 teaspoon of regular salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker, lock the lid, and set the valve to “sealing”
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Let naturally release for an additional 10 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure using “quick release” according to the manufacturers instructions carefully remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks, or can use a hand mixer.
Serve in chicken in salads, taco shells, or burrito bowls.
Chicken Cacciatore – Pressure Cooker Recipe
Cook time : 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 chicken (3 to 4 pounds), remove skin and cut
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2.1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt ( or use 1 tsp of salt of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can diced tomatoes,(14.5 ounces) do not drain the juice
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces (4 ounces), drain out the water
- 1/4 cup white wine (can use water instead)
- Cooked pasta of your choice
- Put the onions in a 6-qt. Instant pot or other electric pressure cooker.
- Add the all the other ingredients
- Lock lid; and close the vent.
- Select manual setting; set pressure to high, set time for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is done cooking, let the pressure release on its own for 10 minutes, and then quick-release remaining pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve chicken with sauce over cooked pasta.
Chicken Tikka Masala – Pressure Cooker Recipe
Easy Indian Style dish
Cook Time : 10 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt (can use 2 teaspoons regular salt)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can tomato puree (29 ounces)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cut in half, remove seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt, NOT VANILLA (12 ounces)
- Cooked basmati rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Using a 6-qt. Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker, Set to saute, and adjust for medium heat to heat oil
- Cook onion until tender.
- Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in seasonings and cook 30 seconds.
- Add chicken, tomato puree, jalapeno and bay leaf.
- Lock lid; make sure vent is closed.
- Select manual setting; Set pressure to high. and cook for 10 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure following manufactures instructions.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Next, set to saute setting and use medium heat; to bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and cornstarch until smooth; slowly stir into sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is thick, (about 3 minutes)
- Serve with rice. Sprinkle with cilantro (optional).
Mediterranean Chicken Orzo – Pressure Cooker Recipe
Cook Time : 3 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced pitted green olives, drained
- 1 cup sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- In a 6 qt. Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker, stir together all ingredients EXCEPT the pasta.
- Lock lid; close the vent. Use the manual setting; and set pressure to high, Cook for 8 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Add orzo pasta. Lock lid; close the vent. Use the manual setting; set pressure to low, and cook for 3 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 4 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure using the manufacturer’s directions.
- Let sit 8-10 minutes before serving.